Welcome to Cub Scout Pack 337 of Temecula, CA. If you’re a boy in the first through fifth grade—or you’re 7 to 11 years old—then Cub Scouting is for you and your family. The Cub Scout program is the first and the biggest of the Scouting programs offered by the Boy Scouts of America. Pack 337 is sponsored by the Kiwanis Club of Temecula/Murrieta, which provides oversight of the pack organization and finances.
Boys in Pack 337 are all members of individual Dens, made up of five to eight boys of the same age/grade level. Dens meet regularly, enjoying physical activities, academic pursuits, earning badges and other awards, playing games and generally just having a great time. All of the Dens get together once a month in a Pack Meeting, each Den participating in different aspects of the meeting, including the flag ceremony, awards ceremonies, presentations, skits, songs and announcements.
Dens are divided into ranks based on the age of the scout. First-grade boys (6- and 7-year olds) join a Tiger Den, second-graders (7- and 8-year olds) are members of a Wolf Den, those in the third-grade (8- and 9-year olds) join a Bear Den, and fourth and fifth grade boys (aged 9–11) are part of a Webelos Den.
In addition to Den and Pack meetings, just about every month there are activities for the entire Pack and its families, visits to museums and other local attractions, participation in parades, special competition activities such as the Pinewood Derby and Raingutter Regatta, camp outs, hiking, etc. Everything is designed for the whole family, so parents and siblings are always welcome!
Of any one hundred boys who become Scouts:
- Only rarely will one ever appear before a juvenile court judge
- At least one will use Scouting to save another person’s life
- Many will credit Scouting with saving their own lives
- Four will reach Eagle rank
- Seventeen will later become Scout leaders and will give leadership to thousands of additional boys
A recent nation-wide survey of high schools revealed the following information:
- 85% of student council presidents were Scouts
- 89% of senior class presidents were Scouts
- 80% of junior class presidents were Scouts
- 75% of school publication editors were Scouts
- 71% of football captains were Scouts
- 64% of Air Force Academy graduates
- 68% of West Point graduates
- 70% of Annapolis graduates
- 72% of Rhodes Scholars
- 85% of FBI agents
- 26 of the first 29 astronauts